Please note: no cars may be released
without the required documentation
Download FICA act
- Original ID
- Utility Bill (not be older than 3 months) with current residential address
Non S.A. Residents
- Foreign buyers may submit copies of Passports, Valid VISAs or Traffic register certificates instead of IDs.
Dealers & Companies
- Proxy and buyer’s ID
- Traffic register certificate
- Business proof of residence
- Letter with proxy and buyers details
- Business registration documents (CK, CC, PTY)
- Owner / manager / GM ID (The person that signed proxy letter)
- Please note: Self printed copies from WINDEED, DEED SEARCH etc. may not be used.
- Trust deed
- ID’s of all trustees
- Proof of address for the trust
- Proof of address for all trustees
- Tax clearance certificate (if vat registered)
- Authorization letter to buy on behalf of trust
- Letter of authority issued by the master of the high court
- Owner’s ID original
- Utility Bill with current residential address
- If registered for VAT, SARS letter with VAT Number
- Letter on a company letterhead confirming the existence of the business as a sole proprietorship
- Partnership agreement
- Proof of business address
- SARS letter with VAT Number
- Partners’ ID copies and Proof of residential address
- Resolution letter (authorising representative to buy on behalf of company)
- Proxy details/BRN certificate/Dealer stocking certificate/Traffic Register certificate (from the License Department)
- Drivers Licenses may NOT be used as form of identification.
- A marriage certificate may be submitted as proof of spouse’s address.
- A lease agreement may be submitted to Motus Auto Auction, for those renting from agencies.
- Buyers residing or operating from someone else’s premises may submit an affidavit with an ID copy of the premises’ owner.